Laser Therapy in NeurologyAnotaion:
Studies of theorists and clinicians attest to the wide range of influence of laser irradiation on the structure and function of the nervous system. First importance in the achievement of the laser radiation to the biological tissues takes the impact of acupuncture points on the skin.
Generally laser has the following action: anti-inflammatory, analgetic, immune, regenerating.
Diseases, subject to such treatment, are:
- Discopathy and herniated disc and their complications - paresis of some of the affected nerves
- Degenerative diseases of the spine
- Acute radiculopathy and neuralgia
- Shingles, as in the early stage and in PHN
- Neurovegetative dystonia
- Increased muscle tone after stroke and when suffering from Parkinson's disease
- Neurotic disorders
The application of laser treatment is consistent with other physiotherapy procedures, and can also be combined with the intake of drugs.
Dr. Liubov Georgieva